Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Tiny Dolls Finished









I finally finished the tiny 9" little Izannah babies.  Everybody always asks the question, are the small dolls harder to do than the bigger dolls, well my answer is,  yes, yes, yes they are!  After sewing ( MOSTLY HAND SEWING ALL THOSE 4 OUTFITS, 4 BONNETS, 4 PANTYLOONS, SLIPS AND CHEMISES ) I am just about blind. Haha   No joke though, after sewing 6 days, all day, my eyes were so blurred, I couldn't see the writing on the computer very well.  Every morning I can see good again, but the eye strain is very hard on you. They are a happy group. The white dresses are made from vintage cotton  dotted swiss, the old fashioned kind that I love with the cotton tuffs. ( hard to come by). the red striped dresses are lined with solid red, all the dresses are fully lined. I thought the red stripe was old material, as I got it at Kewanee store in the real old materials, but I liked it. I guess these red dresses look like Christmas or Candy canes, but I still like them. A wonderful peace has settled on me now, as I can move on to the normal size dolls and the big dolls. I have learned a super easy way to make the most beautiful bare feet. It is ( SUPER EASY ) and I'll show you how in my next post. I have to draw up instructions. You can make bare feet lots of ways, but these are strong and pretty much stress free and plump and nice.

7 comments:

  1. Martha, The little dollies are darling. All the underclothing, bonnets and so many little dresses! A very big undertaking. I have made a couple small dolls and I agree they are much harder to make. I am impressed you did so much hand sewing. I also understand about the eye strain...I am 60 and my eyes aren't what they used to be & I suffer from a bit of arthritis. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sherri, I cannot make a couture outfit, but I did try real hard on these clothes to make them well made, neat and pretty. I'm sure glad I'm finished with the tiny dolls and can move on to a normal size.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're so cute! And I agree...then small dolls ARE harder. Can't wait to see your easy feet method.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable dolls Martha, great job on the outfits too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Martha, you may be bone-tired and nearly blind from making these little darlings, but it was well worth it, don't you think? You have to be thrilled at how well they turned out. I love them all, but the little black dolls with their lamb's wool wigs are so very special. I have never attempted bare feet, so will be watching for your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Martha, I agree working small is very tiring but when you get the great results like you did it is worth the effort. What a wonderful experience to create dolls with character.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just precious! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete