Friday, March 22, 2013

Making Primitive Bears


Here are two of the three primitive bears I have made so far. These girls are for my two Niece's Easter baskets. These are pretty easy to make. I made a sitting bear, but these two have legs and arms that are movable. I started with a pattern I bought, I think from Sweet meadows Farm, but found it was not strong enough for children to play with, so I modified it to be stronger, more flexible and child friendly. I inserted antique glass eyes I got on ebay, they are so pretty and add a lot to the bears. I have some faux fur to try to make some, but decided the osnaburg bears would be better to try out first. I like their old friendly primitive look and hope my little nieces will too. Hoping for everyone a happy Easter and always happy doll making.

4 comments:

  1. Adorable!! They have so much personality, like they know exactly what is going on. The Nieces are going to love these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I recognized that pattern. I have it too, but haven't made any bears yet. They're so cute, Martha! I love their dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet Martha, I love the little dresses. Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone, they were something new for me, and I hope I can just make a few more for now and don't go crazy making all kinds of bears now, I have so much to do and so little time. I still have a bunch of Izannahs to make, also I have a new doll head mold. Can't wait to see what she will look like.

    ReplyDelete