Saturday, September 24, 2016

New Dolls and Re Worked Dolls

Here are a few pictures of some dolls that I have been working on for a while. Some have been put up before and some have been re-worked because I felt I could do better and I think I did.  I finally did settle on and make the outfit for one of the Alabama babies. I chose plain flour sacking for the dress and bonnet, as these colors look so good on the back dolls. I did age the flour sack to get a softer more mellow color. The other black Alabama baby will get an identical outfit. I showed Butchie, my black boy rag doll before, but have since made him some shoes and he is now complete. A rag doll that mama and me made is shown here too. She is a simple rag doll with a pretty outfit of vintage flour sack with quilted bonnet and a little flour sack purse mama made her, and a quilted apron that mama made. Making these rag dolls is great for me as I enjoy making and having them to keep. Today I listed in ebay the two Izannah dolls and will be listing all of the dolls I show here today.  The house is getting full of dolls and selling some will help me invest in my knowledge to make a truer reproduction of some types of dolls. Glad summer is slowly moving on and fall weather will soon start. I love the fall and it makes me feel better and hopefully will allow us to move a little faster on the house project we have going on. I will start taking some pictures of the restoration before long. Hope everyone is doing good and making something doll related to share. Since yesterday was my birthday, I will mention it and be able to share with you my birthday present in a few days, as I don't have it yet. See you next time, happy doll making to all. Martha












4 comments:

  1. Oh Martha, I so enjoy your dollies! I love the delicate hair curls on the first doll and the red dresses. I love the last rag doll's face and her great outfit with matching purse. You are so lucky to have your mama help you out. I recently bought plain flour sacks at an auction and they have made a beautiful dress so I must give that a try. The boy dolls are so handsome! You have been busy and as always your dollies are a joy to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy! Sounds like a lot going on in your neck of the woods. Your Izzanahs are wonderful, and as Sherri said, they look so fine in red. I have always loved your Alabama babies and rag dolls, you have got them so true to the antiques! Good luck with your house project and Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to wish you Happy Birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Martha! I believe Izannah Walker's birthday anniversary is today, so you chose the perfect time to post these wonderful dolls. You have dressed them all so fine! The rag doll's flour sack dress and purse is so so special. I love all your dolls! (But, how, oh how, do you do so much?)

    ReplyDelete