Sunday, April 23, 2017

Adam Names The animals

For the last several years, since my sister's son and wife had a baby boy, I have been elected to do a painting for the baby. This year they had another boy, so the painting you see here is for this one. I painted a Noah's Ark, and a Train with all their family names on it and now this one, which I have enjoyed doing more than the others. I like angels and figured there were probably some present when Adam was doing his job of naming the animals, so I included them in a big way. Keeping it simple is pretty much the rule now in everything from house work to doll making to painting and everything else we have to do. Sometimes it is hard to not get carried away, but remembering I have only so much strength, and my eyes will focus for just so long at a time, I try to stay focused and keep my imagination from going to far off the beaten path. About two weeks ago, I started thinking about making copies of these paintings  again. In years past, I did make big prints, sending some paintings to a company out in California that made professional grade prints on canvas. I still have them all. Like most people I had plans to sell the works on ebay, but work, and other considerations ,mostly work ( a full time job ) made me let all that fall by the way side. I was a waitress






for 15 years, and a  happy 15 years it was too. The work was hard, but we had fun lots of the time, as I worked in a big buffet,  and it enabled me to help my family. Now those days and work  are over, so I turn back to painting and making dolls and I will make a few prints along the way, and even make some pictures of the dolls for a big scrap book. I hope you enjoy seeing the painting too.

3 comments:

  1. Martha, how wonderful this is!!! I love it! Your animals are just great! And, yes, angels did need to be there when the animals were named. It's just so perfect that you included a doll in the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha the painting is wonderful! All the tiny details and stunning colors. The tiny dolly and the little doggie are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my favorite is the Tiger...he looks as if he's not sure about the name he got. :~D

    ReplyDelete