Saturday, November 18, 2017

Izannah Brides and doll talk

I have held off on putting finished pictures of my three brides on this post, because I sent pictures of  them to a magazine, hoping they will show them, but after reading that putting the pictures on your personal blog is permissible, I have decided to show them now. These dolls were a huge task, and they are standing together now under a cover with sachets to make them smell good, until such time as I get a note from the magazine to send the dolls or they say no, and then I will be free to let the dolls go. While the brides stand silent soaking up the perfumed sachets, I have not been idle. I have made three more Izannah dolls, the normal size between 17 to 20 or so inches tall. They will be put together very soon, I have had to wait along time on the oil to dry, the black in the boots is for some reason, just taking forever to dry, but I have to be patient, as to do other wise will just cause more problems. Another project I am finishing is the little 9 inch Izannah dolls, 2 of them, which have been in the making for way to long, making them dresses that are  a mixture of antique blue calico fabric. A friend of mine, awhile back wanted a very big Alabama doll, actually this was close to two years ago, but now I have gotten to the point of soon finishing this doll too. If you have never made a Alabama baby doll, you wouldn't know how much trouble it is to make one, which requires new patterns, new face mold, lots of tweeking, and that is if you have a doll to go by, but the doll is getting done, so I am glad to be nearing the end of this project. My house renovations are still going along pretty well and is much of the reason my doll making is so slow, but I am creeping along and am able to make a few things. I will post the new dolls soon. Hoping everyone will have a great Thanksgiving and enjoy their family and more doll making.







3 comments:

  1. Marta, the brides are lovely. The beautiful dresses in white, each one different and delicate looking, are wonderful. Ribbons, lace and the special bouquets, so fine. Best of luck with the magazine. I send you Happy Thanksgiving greetings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha, your dolls and your "doll talk" are all so enjoyable and something I always look forward to. Your three brides are so lovely. All of the dresses are just beautiful, with so many special details. The dress with the double tiered skirt is especially wonderful. It seems to me you have accomplished much, but then you always do. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete