Friday, December 13, 2013

Good bye Josette

Josette is leaving me to travel to the Ozarks. She will have a lovely home, lots of attention and some new pretty clothes, actually she has sisters there already. I wish I could take a trip to the beautiful mountain country too, but I will just have to be happy to see the pictures others take and share. Today I had a wonderful surprise from Sherri Farley. She sent me a box of fabulous Christmas presents. Fine straw bonnets, three brown bag molds, a big bear, and two snowflakes. also some special linen paper to make the molds with. I am looking forward to that. In the box with all the other things, was Rufus, a small bear. I made some pictures of him so you can see how sweet , tiny and perfect he is. Not only did I get Rufus, but Sherri provided a beautiful chair for him. What a lovely and thoughtful thing for her to do for me. Thank you Sherri, I will always love Rufus and have fun with all the other presents. The straw hats will look wonderful on some of the other dolls, who otherwise would have to settle for one of my plain bonnets. The pictures of Josette are made with a flash camera and show some shadows and darkening of her skin, which isn't actually there. These pictures I made for myself to remember her by. Now,  I have to go and play with my new toy bear and hats, and molds, what a good time I am going to have with all these special things.





5 comments:

  1. What a fine post, Martha. It looks like you both win, because Josette is a lovely Martha doll, and I know the quality of Sherri's work--both of your work!--first hand. Josette will have a good home, and so will Rufus. :~)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see Josette in person. I love her hair! I will have to pick the perfect fabric for her dress. Rufus sure looks happy, I'm sure he will be spoiled rotten by the dollies. Thanks for such a sweet post Martha and
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I somehow didn't get that you and Sherri did a swap. :-). You both are lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sweet Christmas story kind of made my heart do a little dance. My mother used to say that the only thing we can take with us when we leave this world are the things we give away. I once asked her if I could go along and help carry some of her things because she gave so much away. Now, I am wondering if I might get in line to help Martha and Sherry carry some of their things. I love that little Rufus and I love that pretty Josette!

    ReplyDelete