Sunday, December 13, 2020

New Dolls and work in progress

 Having a lot of trouble with my blog, not being able to get on and work on it has been a big problem. We finally figured a solution for now. Most of my time is taken up with taking care of my husband and mother who is 91 years old Jan. 7, so you can imagine how much of my time it takes to tend to their needs, but I do manage to work in some doll time as well. Here are two of my efforts that are farther along than these others you will see. I made another small version of my Izannah Walker reproduction doll that I bought from Kathy Patterson some years back. These copies are not true. They are smaller, made of cloth instead of composition heads, and  while they resemble the doll, they look different than her doll does. The composition heads to me are not satisfying. The reproductions should be made of cloth as far as I am concerned. The other one is  a large doll made using my own mold. She is pretty I think and I tried as I always do to give her the Izannah traits. Izannah's dolls hair varied with the dolls. Some were very dark, others had a sienna color mixed in the base of the curls. In the last several dolls I made, I painted the hair dark with the curls dark too, but will trend back to the more familiar side and neck curls with the lighter sienna color. What do you see when you look at early work that is just white and so far from finished? They look like aliens from space, but they also have character already in their faces. Harkness is the boy on the left, another large mold in the middle and another little Izannah on the right. The eyes are wonky and shoulders not quite perfect, but I stopped trying to correct these things to much. Our black Izannah is having her final stockinet put on and I always enjoy working on these. That face is so sweet to me. See the legs and feet, I had to make many corrections to get this foot, and I found out how to put the curve in the middle of the foot underneath, it was an accident. I had to go bac









k and sew the foot together and had to sew farther up on the outside of the foot and low and behold, I had that curve you see in Izannah's feet. Well, have a look and I hope enjoy the post.

5 comments:

  1. Martha Babies! I haven't seen mine in a while, as she is carefully packed and waiting til I can get the studio put back together. I'm glad you are able to get some doll making done--these babies are beautiful. You get better at it every year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you both. Not much time to work, but till love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Martha !! I look at my lovely doll and painting everyday and think of you !! Glad to see you are still doing marvelous work !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your blog and you shared the whole idea very well. And beautifully written, read by the soul! Thanks for sharing. Automatic Clicker

    FOOTBALL BETTING

    ReplyDelete