Sunday, May 6, 2012

Olive and Mamie June



Here are two dolls that have been in the works for a long time., you know how you put some back time after time to work on other things, well, the doll in blue is Olive. she has undergone alot of aging. I know Izannah's didn't wear this type of pinafore, but it's vintage and it matched her dress of feedsack material, so she got it. all the cloth in her outfit was recycled from other old clothes. the next doll is Mamie June. She actually has a new dress that has been aged. Her apron is a vintage hankercheif. Underware is all new cotton,  aged to a nice patina. I am satisfied that I have done all possible to make these girls as good as I can. they are both very sweet and  primitive. these dolls don't look like Izannah's, but they are nice old looking dolls.

4 comments:

  1. They are nice old looking dolls...glad you took them out of "retirement" and finished them! :~P

    ReplyDelete
  2. These dolls look very nice! The aging is perfect. I've aged a couple of my last dolls and had fun doing it, although I don't think it shows well in my photos. I love the handkerchief apron. Glad you finished these beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jan and Sherri, I'm glad to be finished. You know you are always glad to get through and move on to the next doll. I'm making some small black ones next. Sherri I saw your antiquing. It does make a big difference, it changes their personality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I look at your dolls, I always wonder what it would feel like to hold them. What do you use for filling...wool? These dolls live right up to the reputation of fine Martha dolls....love them both!

    ReplyDelete